The Data Privacy Act was enacted by the government to protect an individual’s personal
Personal information refers to any data that would directly and certainly identify an individual.
Sensitive personal information refers to personal information about an individual’s race, ethnic origin, marital status, age and color; religious, philosophical or political affiliations; health, education, genetic or sexual life; proceedings for committed or alleged offenses; issued by government agencies that are peculiar to an individual; and specifically established by an executive order or an act of Congress to be kept classified.
Processing refers to any operation or any set of operations performed on personal information: collection, recording, organization, storage, updating, retrieval, use, consolidation, blocking or destruction of data, through automated means or manual processing.
The Data Privacy Act provides the following rights in relation to your personal data:
- Right to be informed of the processing of your personal information.
- Right to object to the processing of your personal information.
- Right to access the content, sources, names and addresses of recipients, and reason for disclosure to the recipients, and name, designation and address of the personal information controller.
- Right to correct any error in your personal information.
- Right to block/remove your personal information from PNB’s records.
- Right to data portability or to obtain a copy of the data being processed in an electronic or structured format.
- Right to be indemnified for damages sustained due to inaccurate, incomplete, outdated, false, unlawfully obtained, or unauthorized use of your personal information.
- Right to file complaints for violations of the Act, its implementing rules, and your rights as data subject.
The Consent Form manifests your consent for PNB to process and disclose your personal information in connection with the purposes indicated therein, the entities to which your personal information will be disclosed and the effectivity of such consent.
PNB may not be able to administer the products and services that you availed of, or implement transactions, order and instructions in connection with such products and services, and manage your account/s in general.
PNB has implemented appropriate organizational, physical and technical security measures to ensure the protection of your personal information.
PNB may provide personal information to its agents and third party service providers to perform certain functions relative to the products and services availed of and for general administration of your account/s with PNB. PNB shall ensure that its agents and third party service providers have in place appropriate organizational, physical and technical security measures for the protection of your personal information.
PNB will retain your personal information even after termination of your account/s until required by law and regulation, or by circumstances requiring such retention.
For data privacy matters/ concerns, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.