Enjoy the benefits of investing in Treasury Bills. Treasury Bills or popularly known as T-Bills are peso-denominated short-term fixed income securities issued by the Republic of the Philippines through its Bureau of Treasury.
Why invest in Treasury Bills?
- You get the interest in advance.
- With a minimum of Php 200,000 you can already enjoy high yields.
- Investing in Tbills is practically risk free since there is a low probability that the Philippine government will default on its own local currency debt.
Why invest through PNB?
- PNB is a registered Broker-Dealer of Fixed Income Securities with the Securities and Exchange Commission. We have licensed Fixed Income Securities Salesmen strategically located nationwide to cater your investment needs.
- PNB is a Brokering Participant in the Fixed Income Trading Platform of the Philippine Dealing and Exchange Corporation which gives you the access to a wide array of investment instruments at the best market price.
- Issued by the Republic of the Philippines and thus carries its obligation to pay investors on maturity dates.
- Original tenors are 91, 182 and 364 days. All maturity dates traditionally fall on a Wednesday (unless said day is a holiday). Computation of selling price is based on number of days remaining till the maturity of a series.
- Sold at a discount, with the interest paid in advance.
- Interest given to client is based on prevailing market rates and is subject to withholding tax (currently at 20%) and Broker’s Commission.
- Minimum placement: Php 200,000.00 face value, subject to the availability of the security.
- Settlement is on the next banking day after the transaction (T+1).
- Liquidity: If the client needs cash before the security matures, the client can sell the T-bills in the Fixed Income Market through PNB at the prevailing market rate.
Documentation: PNB issues a Confirmation of Sale (CoS) to the investor. This COS also indicates that no certificates are to be issued to the investor but ownership of the Treasury Bills are electronically recorded in Bureau of The Treasury’s Registry of Scripless Securities (RoSS) under the investor’s name or its designated third party custodian.
- Upon maturity or anytime the investor desires to sell back the Tbills, investors are required to surrender this COS to PNB.
- Liquidity: If the client needs cash before the security matures, the client can sell the T-bills to the Fixed Income Securities Market through PNB at prevailing market rates.
For inquiries and indicative rates, please call Treasury Marketing Group at (02)526-3019 to 26.