- Remitter must visit any of PNB’s Correspondent Banks
- He/she must apply for a fund/swift transfer
- The remitter fills out a remittance application form indicating pertinent information:
- Remitter’s Name
- Remitter’s Address, Tel. No. etc.
- Beneficiary’s Complete Name
- Beneficiary’s Address, Tel. No., etc.
- Payee Bank/Branch
- Account No.
- Remitter specifies PNB’s SWIFT address (PNB MPH MM) and pays his desired remittance amount, subject to the maximum allowable remittance and applicable service fees (both vary among correspondent banks)
- Visit PNB Lucky Plaza or PNB Jurong East to get your 14-digit remitter-beneficiary number.
- Log-on to the personal Internet Banking Facility of www.uobgroup.com or www.dbs.com/sg
- Select Philippine National Bank from the list of Bill Payment Corporations.
- Enter the SGD amount you want to remit including the bank charge & 14-digit PNB remitter-beneficiary number as your reference number.
- Log on to www.pnbwebremit.com
- Register your personal and beneficiary information.
- Verify and confirm registration information.
- Send money!
- Track your remittance via PNB Remittance Tracker.
UNITED KINGDOM (U.K)
- Register by completing the remittance application form. Forms are available either thru phone at 0207 397 1340 or 0207 792 9647 or via www.pnb.com.ph/europe.
- Submit, together with your application form a one-time documentation.
- Proof of Identity – Passport or full UK driving license
- Proof of Address – recent bank statement, credit card statement or utility bill
* photocopies are accepted provided it has been certified by a Solicitor, PNB Bank Officer, Bank Manager, Accountant or Philippine Embassy.
- Send it to:
Philippine National Bank (Europe) Plc
128 Victoria Street
London EC4V 4BJ
- When you want to remit. Just call PNB at 0207 397 1340 or 0207 792 9647
- Fill out and submit an application form for a 7-11 card at any PNB Remittance Center or Branch. One 7-11 card per beneficiary. The beneficiary must have an existing and valid PNB account. The card will be mailed to the remitter or picked up from the branch.
- To remit, simply go to any 7-11 Hong Kong branch and present the card and the money to be sent (inclusive of fees). Maximum remittance amount is HKD 3000 per day.
- Request for Genkin Kakitome envelopes from PNB Tokyo or PNB Nagoya branch or purchase the envelope from Post Offices all over Japan.
- Fill-up the Remittance Registration Form with Declaration inside the envelope.
- Enclose in the envelope: your money (including remittance charges), a copy of PNB Japan’s acceptable ID and the accomplished form.
- Insured up to 500,000 Yen. For remittances exceeding 100,000 Yen, include a copy of your alien card.
- Mail to PNB Tokyo or PNB Nagoya.
- It takes about 1-2 days for processing (for PNB Online Accounts)
- Your receipt will be posted to you.
- Fill up appropriate remittance application form.
- Enclose your check for the amount of remittance plus our charges. The check should be drawn payable to Philippine National Bank.
- Post the application form and the check to out postal address
304 Orchard Road #03-02 to 07 Lucky Plaza Shopping Center, Singapore 2238863
- PNB Singapore will implement the remittance after clearance of the check, i.e., one (1) business day after receipt. Checks received after 2:00pm shall be sent for clearing on the following business day.
- PNB Singapore will post your duly validated copy of the remittance application that will serve as your official receipt.